DAEDALUS TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
MAKING TECHNOLOGY MORE ACCESSIBLE
The DAESSY Rear Folding Mount - DRFM6
The DAESSY Rear Folding Mount (DRFM6) also allows a device to be precisely positioned for use but with this Mount the device is folded away behind the backrest of the wheelchair when not needed. Unlike the other DAESSY Mounts the Rear Folding Mount is permanently attached part way down the side of the wheelchair and cannot be lifted out of its attachment clamp. Two flexible joints, one located at the attachment to the wheelchair the other between the two tubes permit a three step Rearward Folding action. In use the joint between the tubes forms a right angle with one tube horizontal across the wheelchair and the other tube leaning forward from the attachment point. The first step in the Folding motion swings the horizontal tube, with the device attached or removed, forward away from the user until the two tubes form a straight line. Both tubes then swing to the Rear at the flexible attachment point and finally the horizontal tube is swung in behind the backrest of the wheelchair.
Information on the DAESSY Rear Folding Mount - DRFM6 is organized into the following sections:
- Parts List
- Fitting the DRFM6
Before ordering a DAESSY Mounting System some information about the application must be collected:
- Selecting a Frame Clamp location
- Specifying the Frame Clamp size
- Determining the Location for the Rear Folding Adapter
- Determining the Side Tube length and Offset Links required
- Installing the DRFM6 onto the wheelchair
- Installing the Frame Clamp Inner Piece, Rear Folding Adapter and Side Tube
- Installing and setting the Stop Pins in the Rear Folding Adapter
- Installing the Elbow Connector, Horizontal Tube and Quick Release Base